1.Drink water as much as you can: It has been shown that people with diabetes who drink water regularly have lower blood glucose levels than those that do not. It may be the fact that drinking a lot of water will help you flush out your system of all of the toxins & excess sugar.
2. Include fresh vegetable salad in every meal. Try to add cucumbers or carrots in your breakfast. Remember that the less they are cooked the better they are for you, since they contain more vitamins.
3.Beware of some fruits & fruit juices: Do not drink fruit juice unless it is all natural and only have one serving. Most juices are from concentrate and contain a lot of added sugar. Mangoes, Sitaphal, Chikkoo(sapota) etc to be avoided at any cost.
4.Try to start your day with Oats. Eating oats is a great way to regulate the sugar. The good thing is that it is also a great source of fiber so it will keep you full for a long time. The more full you are, the less likely you will be to fill up on things that will spike your blood sugar levels.
5. Start eating Brown rice, Jowar ki Roti and try to minimize White rice & White breads. This is one of the most important thing to do.
6.Substitute meat with beans. Beans is a good source for Proteins and contains less fat when compared to meats. Try having beans for at least two meals a week.
7. Do atleast 1 hour of exercise daily. Do not eat immediately after a workout.
8. Eat small meals at regular intervals but don’t overeat. Make sure the gaps between your meals are short. If you are on insulin, make sure you have three proper meals with light snacks in between.
9.Fruits that can lower your Blood glucose levels: Kiwis, Black jamun, Guava, Apples, Papaya, Watermelon, amla, Pomegrenade, peaches, berries and cherries Studies proved that these fruits showed a good results in lowering Blood sugar levels
10. Do not eat fast, masticate and munch your food well before you swallow. Avoid fried foods, Junk and sweetmeats.
Make sure that the food that you eat is healthy and fresh will assure that your body will function exactly as it should. Keeping your insulin levels at a good level will most likely contribute to you losing some excess weight. Also check your blood sugar levels regularly. Hope these tips will help you in maintaining your blood sugar level. And will help you in making your life more happier than before.